Thursday 19 December 2013

Festive cupcakes and something extra!


First I want to apologise for the crappy quality of my pictures today! I just took some quick snaps on my iPhone thinking they'd be okay and they were until I tried to make them larger on here, that teachers me! I'll definitely just use my camera from now on :-)  Today I baked some Vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing, so simple but so tasty! This recipe makes around 12 cupcakes, its from a book I brought from Urban Outfitters called "1000 cupcake ideas", a really lovely book!
For the cakes you will need:

  • 115g of butter (I used Stork)
  • 175g of caster sugar
  • 1 & a half tsp of vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 175g of self raising flour
  • 1 tsp of baking powder 
  • 4 tbsp milk
First you'll need to preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ 180 degrees Celsius. 





Next you'll need to mix all the ingredients together, if you don't have a mixer it's easy enough to do by hand! Just stir until it's smooth and creamy. 


Then you'll need to spoon the mixture into cases, about 2/2 and a half dollops of a teaspoon is enough!


Then its time to pop them in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. 

While I was waiting for these to bake I whipped up some buttercream icing, was just as easy!
For the icing you'll need:
  • 140g of butter
  • 280g of icing sugar
  • 1 tbsp of milk 
  • Optional! Add food colouring if you fancy it.


Add the butter into a bowl,and add half of the icing sugar into it,beat the two together until smooth. Then add the rest of the icing sugar with the milk, beat this together again until smooth. Finally spoon the mixture into a piping bag and you're ready to go!
Tip! If you use an electric mixer to mix this together, place a tea tower over the mixer, this will stop the icing sugar from going everywhere.


By now your cakes should have cooled, they would need about 10/15 minutes to cool properly, time to make the icing and clean up all the mess!


Now for the fun bit, choose your own decorations!


I picked up this really cute cupcake kit from New look! I used both cases, I couldn't pick my favourite!


I also picked up these really sweet decorations from Aldi I think! I decided to use to snowmen and also the white chunks and red glitter (shown below).   


And this is how they turned out! Look pretty cute I think :-)



Now for the extra bit!

Over the weekend I picked up quite a few new lip products, and wanted to share my lovely buys with you!


L-r, Rimmel Apocolips in "304- Eclipse", Topshop lipgloss in "Cruel", and last but not least, Rimmel Apocalips in "402- Across the universe".



Next I got two lippys! The first is Rimmel's Moisture renew lipstick in "360- As you want Victoria", and the next is Topshops lippy in "Beguiled".

Thanks for reading! I would tell you a little about the lipsticks but I've only had the chance to wear two of them once :-( Will tell you a bit more when I know!
Thanks for reading,
Rosie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment